Just discovered this as I was poking around. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
1. A sponsor isn’t all that interested in why you used.
2. A therapist thinks your problem is lack of self-esteem and negative self-image; a sponsor thinks your problem is you.
3. A therapist wants to nurture your inner child; your sponsor thinks it should be spanked.
4. A sponsor thinks your inventory should be about you, not your parents.
5. A sponsor thinks you should not confront your parents, but rather make amends to them.
6. The only time your sponsor uses the word “closure” is before the word “mouth.”
7. A sponsor thinks boundaries are things you need to take down — not build up.
8. A therapist wants you to love yourself first; a sponsor wants you to love others first.
9. A therapist prescribes care-taking medication while a sponsor prescribes prayer-making and meditation.
10. A sponsor thinks anger management skills are numbered one through twelve.
11. Because you’ve been clean ninety days, a therapist recommends you make a list of all your goals and objectives for the next five years — starting with finishing up that degree. A sponsor thinks you should continue cleaning coffee pots and occasionally mopping.
12. Lastly, a sponsor will not lose his/her license if he/she talks about God.
~ this post from Addicted2Clean Blog