TWELVE SIGNS OF A SPIRITUAL AWAKENING IN AL-ANON
It is suggested we use the 12 Steps of AA and Al-Anon in the same way that a parachute instructor suggests that we use a parachute when we jump out of an airplane, we don’t have to take the suggestions, but there are definite consequences if we don’t.
TWELVE SIGNS OF A SPIRITUAL AWAKENING
1. An increased tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen.
2. Frequent attacks of smiling.
3. Feelings of being connected with others and nature.
4. Frequent overwhelming episodes of appreciation.
5. A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than from fears based on past experience.
6. An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
7. A loss of ability to worry.
8. A loss of interest in conflict.
9. A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others.
10. A loss of interest in judging others.
11. A loss of interest in judging self.
12. Gaining the ability to love without expecting anything in return.
OTHER POSTS AND ARTICLES RELATED TO AL-ANON:
> The Critical Role of Al-Anon in Family Addiction Recovery ~by Joe Herzanek
> Alcoholism Recovery, Getting Rid of Resentments!
Why Do Alcoholics Drink? ~by Toby Rice Drews
Addiction Recovery Resources for Families of Substance Abusers, Addicts and Alcoholics
Sign up for our Free Changing Lives E-Newsletter!
Why Don’t They Just Quit? What families and friends need to know about addiction and recovery
> Audible Audio Download (LISTEN TO 4 MIN. SAMPLE)
from “Twelve Signs of a Spiritual Awakening” to Drug Addiction Help Now Home
Spiritual awakening, Al-Anon Step 12, AA Step Twelve, Spirituality and Al-Anon